Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
Are you a motivated accounting professional with management experience looking for an exciting career opportunity with one of the premier companies in the Tampa Bay area? Well, this position could be for you! We are conducting a search for an Assistant Controller to join a top performing team primarily responsible overseeing consolidations and month end reporting.
Assistant Controller Job Duties:
- Prepare financial statements
- Assist with treasury functions
- Oversee month end close
- Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Prepare distribution calculations
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Track accruals
- Special projects, as needed
Assistant Controller Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting required
- Active CPA certification strongly preferred
- 5+ years of progressive professional accounting experience required, ideally with some public accounting firm experience
- Some real estate industry experience strongly preferred
- Yardi exposure a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communications skills required
Assistant Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- FANTASTIC benefits
- Highly competitive compensation of $80,000 - $90,000, plus bonus potential!
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.