Are you an ambitious accounting professional executive looking for an exciting career opportunity with one of the premier companies in the Tampa Bay area? Well, this position could be for you! We are conducting a search for an Assistant Controller to join a top performing team responsible for overseeing fixed assets, the general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable for the company.
Assistant Controller Job Duties:
- Prepare financial statements
- Prepare variance analysis
- Oversee month end close
- Assist with accounting process improvements
- Prepare and maintain internal control procedures
- Primary company contact for external audit firm
- Supervise, mentor, and train staff
- Ensure all financial records and statements are in compliance with US GAAP and company policies
- Special projects, as needed
Assistant Controller Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- CPA certification required
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
- International accounting experience strongly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills required
- Great Plains and QuickBooks experience a strong plus
- Solid critical thinking and analysis and attention to detail
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communications skills required
Assistant Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- Medical & dental insurance
- Highly competitive compensation of $100,000 - $115,000, plus bonus potential!
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.