Senior SEC Accountant
Are you an experienced accounting professional looking for a highly visible opportunity to advance your career and take on a new challenge? Well, this position could be for you! We are conducting a search for a Senior SEC Accountant to join the top performing team of one of our clients in the Tampa Bay area. This position reports directly to the Director of Financial Reporting.
Senior SEC Accountant Job Duties:
- Support the preparation of all SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q and 8-K) including financial statements, notes to financial statements, XBRL tagging, MD&A and supporting documents and schedules
- Assist with research and resolution of SEC reporting and US GAAP technical accounting issues
- Interact on a regular basis with key members of various departments to gather, consolidate and analyze information
- Prepare tie-out and support binder for each SEC filing and address external auditor questions
- Draft footnote disclosures
- Complete GAAP disclosure checklists to ensure all required disclosures are included in filings
- Utilize financial reporting software to prepare filings for submission to the SEC
- Support the preparation of external press releases and other externally communicated financial information
- Identify and implement controls and methods to improve the financial reporting process and assist with SOX compliance
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
Senior SEC Accountant Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 4+ years of professional accounting experience
- “Big 4” accounting firm experience strongly preferred
- CPA or pursing CPA required
- Strong SEC reporting experience required
- Hyperion experience strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and excellent communications skills required
Senior SEC Accountant Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- Medical & dental insurance
- Highly competitive compensation package of $70,000 - $80,000, plus bonus potential!
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.