Are you a motivated accounting professional looking for an exciting career opportunity with one of the premier companies in the Tampa Bay area? Well, this position could be for you! We are conducting a search for an Assistant Controller to join a top performing team primarily responsible for overseeing general ledger accounting functions and assisting with treasury functions.
Assistant Controller Job Duties:
- Preform month end close functions
- Prepare distribution calculations for various funds and asset groups
- Prepare and post accrual entries
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare financial statements
- Oversee cash management
- Maintain banking relationships
- Special projects, as needed
Assistant Controller Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification required
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience required, ideally with some public accounting firm experience
- Cash management experience preferred
- Real Estate industry experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Yardi skills a plus
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communications skills required
Assistant Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- Medical & dental insurance
- Highly competitive compensation of $70,000 - $85,000!
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.