4301 West Boy Scout BoulevardSuite 800 Tampa, FL
One of our great clients is seeking a strong Assistant Controller to support the accounting & reporting function for a dynamic, growing company! This professional will be responsible for the oversight over transactional accounting and financial reporting, audit interface, process improvement, as well as leadership/development of various staff members.
Assistant Controller Job Duties:
- Preparation of financial reports
- Maintenance of banking relationships
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Coordinate external audits
- Train, supervise, and mentor staff
- Support process improvement initiatives
- Review and implement new and revised accounting policies
- Develop and ensure compliance with internal controls
Assistant Controller Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA certification
- 10+ years of progressive professional accounting experience
- Public accounting firm experience
- Prior exposure leading a transactional accounting team
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Exposure to a major ERP package
- Solid critical thinking skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to plan and organize effectively including adherence to deadlines
- Superb communications skills
Assistant Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- Dynamic, professional corporate culture with excellent leadership and high visibility
- Solid benefits package
- Compensation of $110,000 - $130,000, plus bonus potential
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for…we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.