Vice President of Accounting & Finance – HEAVY HYBRID
Tampa, FL US
We are conducting an exclusive search for a Vice President of Accounting & Finance to join the team of a private-equity owned, high-growth company. This unique opportunity offers the right candidate the ability to work with a proven C-suite with a track record of successful growth in their space and comes with the potential for a built-in succession plan based upon performance. Our client is seeking an experienced leader with polish, professionalism, solid accounting fundamentals and the analytic horsepower to provide strategic support as they evolve the company and its infrastructure. The right candidate will have a proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic, hyper-growth environment, and will have responsibility for oversight over the accounting functions, all while building teams, processes, controls, and structure. Our client offers a flexible, heavily hybrid environment, although some travel within the state of Florida will be required.
Vice President of Accounting & Finance Benefits and Compensation:
- Professional, collaborative, and positive working environment
- Outstanding leadership and high visibility
- Career growth potential with a succession plan based upon performance
- Some travel included
- Medical & dental insurance, 401k
- Highly competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, of $160,000 - $200,000, plus bonus potential!
Vice President of Accounting & Finance Job Duties:
- Oversee and direct treasury, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, and related accounting and finance functions for the organization
- Direct and coordinate all processes, teams and structure for the accounting and finance function
- Build effective interdepartmental relationships, acting as a subject matter expert as business partner
- Develop, monitor, and improve accounting and finance processes, reports, internal controls, analytics, and systems to support the company’s growth trajectory
- Evaluate, mentor, and develop teams to achieve timely reporting, accounting, and analytics around the business to foster decision making
- Create processes and tools to manage balance sheet (cash, investments/CAPEX, etc.).
- Analyze and present financial information to offer business insights to leadership
- Support and lead company level strategic decisions and projects
- Troubleshoot and identify complex process problems, analyze, and resolve complex issues
- Take responsibility for quality and timeliness of overall work product for the team
- Leverage the usage of technologies and processes while driving efficiency and quality of deliverables
Vice President of Accounting & Finance Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; CPA and Big 4/National public accounting experience very strongly preferred
- 12+ years of progressive professional accounting and finance experience
- Strong leadership experience, with a track record for building and developing teams
- Experience succeeding in a private equity, high-growth environment preferred
- Strong analytic and system skills
- Solid critical thinking and attention to detail
- Superb communication and presentation skills
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.