AR/Collections Specialist – HYBRID
Tampa, FL US
We are conducting a search for an AR/Collections Specialist to join the team of an outstanding employer in East Tampa that offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment along with a hybrid work schedule. The ideal candidate will have a solid AR background and the ability to collect on past due accounts effectively and professionally, as well as handle cash applications and assist in streamlining processes. The company is seeking an individual excited to join a well-established organization with an impressive growth trajectory who is looking to make an impact in the organization. If you are a self-motivated individual who has the ability to pay close attention to detail, prides yourself on your team-player mentality, and possesses strong critical thinking skills, we have a position for you! APPLY TODAY to learn more! Successful reference and background check will be required.
AR/Collections Specialist Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional, hybrid working environment
- FANTASTIC benefits, including generous PTO
- GREAT leadership and positive culture
- Highly competitive compensation of $50,000 - $60,000, plus bonus potential!
AR/Collections Specialist Job Duties:
- Perform collections activities, ensuring timely and accurate follow-up on outstanding invoices
- Send invoices to customers, attaching all required documentation
- Run aging reports to monitor and address overdue accounts
- Apply cash receipts, ensuring accurate and timely recording
- Collaborate with the accounting team in complex invoicing, settlements, and payment processes
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service when interacting with both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to process improvement efforts, identifying and suggesting areas for efficiency enhancements
- Assist in the transition towards automation, demonstrating patience and a proactive attitude
- Monitor and uphold key collections metrics
- Embrace the team's culture of collaboration, goal achievement, critical thinking, and continuous improvement
AR/Collections Specialist Skills/Qualifications:
- 2+ years of professional AR and business-to-business collections experience required
- Basic Excel skills, with a willingness and aptitude to learn and improve
- Prior experience with a large ERP system a plus
- Possess a team player mentality with a knack for collaborating cross-functionally
- Solid critical thinking and analysis and attention to detail
- Superb communications skills required
At AccountAbility Staffing, a Division of Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in the greater Tampa Bay area. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at http://www.accountabilitytemps.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.