Accountant - HYBRID
Tampa, FL US
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Accountant to join the team of our dynamic and growing client. As an Accountant with our client, you will be responsible for a wide range of accounting tasks, with a focus on journal entries, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, account analysis, process improvements, and active participation in month-end close activities. This position offers a hybrid work arrangement.
Accountant Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment; Hybrid work arrangement, allowing flexibility to work remotely and on-site as needed
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement program for continuous professional development
- Highly competitive compensation of $60,000 - $85,000!
Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepare accurate and timely journal entries, ensuring adherence to accounting principles and company policies
- Perform comprehensive account reconciliations to maintain the accuracy and integrity of financial data
- Conduct bank reconciliations, resolving any discrepancies promptly and ensuring the accuracy of transactions
- Analyze accounts in detail, investigating and explaining variances to support informed decision-making
- Actively participate in month-end close activities, including the preparation of financial statements and reports, account reconciliations, and providing support for financial audits
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement streamlined procedures to enhance efficiency in the accounting function
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze financial data, providing valuable insights and recommendations to drive business performance
- Maintain compliance with relevant accounting standards, regulations, and internal controls
- Stay updated with accounting best practices and changes in accounting standards to ensure accurate and compliant financial reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Proven experience in accounting roles, with expertise in journal entries, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and account analysis
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and relevant regulations (e.g., GAAP)
- Proficiency in using accounting software and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and excellent written and communications skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.