Accounting Manager, Technical Research
Tampa Bay, FL
Are you very dynamic, with a “work on the fly” and “think outside the box” mentality? If so, this position if for you! Looking for a CPA with 4+ years of “Big 4” public accounting busy season experience who WANT to contribute. This position(s)/department is high visibility with a lot of project-based initiatives which are scheduled to drive further improvements.
Accounting Manager, Technical Research Job Duties:
- Provide technical expertise in multiple areas of accounting, including independent research and memo completion on complex technical accounting matters to support key accounting decisions
- Perform technical accounting reviews of new and/or significant and unusual transactions and inform management of identified impacts in a timely manner
- Monitor standard setting bodies (SEC, FASB, etc.) for proposed accounting standards that may impact the company and interpret the effects on the organization
- Lead the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements
- Serve as the primary consultative resource on technical accounting matters
- Assist with the review of SEC Filings (10K, 10Q)
- Lead or partner with senior finance and business leaders to identify and evaluate the accounting impacts of proposed transactions
- Spearhead or assist with ad-hoc projects
Accounting Manager, Technical Research Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA license required
- 4+ years of “Big 4” public accounting busy season experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong technical accounting research skills and technical writing abilities
- Understanding of internal control policies and procedures
Accounting Manager, Technical Research Benefits and Compensation:
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- OUTSTANDING benefits
- Highly competitive compensation of $80,000 - $110,000 (commensurate with experience), plus bonus potential!
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.