Accounting Manager - HYBRID
Tampa, FL US
This is your opportunity to join a premiere Tampa Bay company on the rise! If Accounting is your strong suit, please apply ASAP. Join this team of highly skilled professionals as you take on this visible role. We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join the team of a growing client of ours. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the accounting functions of the organization, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements. The Accounting Manager will also be responsible for performing technical accounting research and documenting accounting policies and procedures.
Accounting Manager Benefits and Compensation:
- A hybrid working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- Benefits package includes health/Dental/Vision, 401(k), PTO
- Highly competitive compensation of $105,000 - $120,000, plus 10% bonus!
Accounting Manager Job Duties:
- Month end close tasks related to the corporate entities
- Ensure consolidated close tasks and timelines are met with excellence
- Preparation of individual entity and consolidated financial statements, including footnotes
- Research, apply and document technical accounting issues as they arise
- Support annual audit under direction of the Corporate Controller
- Under the leadership of the Corporate Controller, assist in implementing and documenting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and best practices
- Oversee A/P & A/R function and accountant, and assess resource needs and opportunities for optimization
- Support system implementations (accounting, consolidation, financial reporting, expense management, reconciliations, etc.)
- Support M&A integration as new locations are acquired and folded into the system
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate financial information is provided for decision making
- Assist with the development and implementation of internal controls and processes to ensure compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements
- Manage and mentor accounting staff to ensure their professional growth and development
Accounting Manager Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA a PLUS
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience required
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office with proficiency in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Solid critical thinking and analysis and attention to detail
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.