Tampa, FL US
One of Tampa’s fantastic, family-owned companies is looking to grow their team. This outstanding, mid-market organization is focused on their people and also being involved in our Tampa Bay community. This diverse manufacturing company is stable, growing and offers competitive benefits and compensation. Would you like to be a part of a positive culture, working for strong leadership and growing your career? If so, this position could be for you! They are seeking an Accounting Manager, with proficiency in all facets of general accounting including fixed assets, reconciliations, AP, capex, reporting, etc. This position is ideal for someone with industry exposure to manufacturing who is passionate about being a part of a solid team and innovating. Interested in learning more? APPLY TODAY! Background check and solid professional references will be required.
Accounting Manager Benefits and Compensation:
- Professional working environment
- Solid leadership and high visibility
- Outstanding career growth potential
- Strong benefits package
- Highly competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, of $90,000 - $115,000, plus bonus potential
Accounting Manager Job Duties:
- Responsible for month-end close, including related journal entries
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations
- Ensure financial statements are presented in accordance with GAAP
- Daily processing of cash transactions and posting
- Ensure processes are documented and internal controls are operating effectively
- Support other departments, provide accounting input and review variances to budget
- Review accounts and investigate any unusual variances or transactions
- Manage fixed asset accounting including adds and disposals
- Responsible for annual financial statement audits interface and data support
- Participate in annual budgeting process and monthly forecasting process
- Supervise team members
- Offer recommendations to improve efficiencies and profitability
- Manage special projects and ad hoc duties
Accounting Manager Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 5+ year of corporate accounting experience ideally within a manufacturing company
- Previous supervisory experience highly preferred
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred
- Must possess solid proficiency in GAAP
- Attention to detail, timeliness, and accuracy are required
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and collaboratively; strong organizational skills are essential.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other large ERP databases required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.