Accounts Payable / Purchasing Specialist
Tampa, FL US
Do you have accounts payable experience as well as purchasing experience? If so, we have a position for you! We are conducting a search for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join the team of an outstanding Tampa Bay employer. Reference and background check will be required.
Accounts Payable / Purchasing Specialist Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- Highly competitive compensation of $60,000 - $65,000 (commensurate with experience)!
- Benefits: FULLY paid health insurance, excellent PTO and competitive 401K match!
Accounts Payable / Purchasing Specialist Job Duties:
- Maintain accurate vendor information in the accounting system and corporate bill-pay system
- Enter vendor bills into the accounting system with accurate coding to the various corporate entities and chart of accounts
- Initiate/process manual checks, electronic bill pay, and wire transfer payments
- Track and oversee aged accounts payable; monitor accounts payable subsidiary ledger and ensure bills are paid timely
- Reconcile and post corporate credit card payments to the accounting ledger and verify charges to supporting documents; enter corporate credit card bill into the accounting system with accurate coding to the various corporate entities and chart of accounts within the proper accounting period
- Create purchase orders for domestic products; place and track orders with vendors
- Process customer cash receipts via remote deposit machine
- Prepare intercompany money transfer requests for intercompany invoices/billings
- Prepare annual Form 1099 supporting documentation for external accountants
- Maintain accurate petty cash records and reconciliations
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested, such as providing analysis of expenditures for certain vendors, accounts, corporate entity
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and vendor files
- Continue prior efforts to document and develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Special projects, as needed
Accounts Payable / Purchasing Specialist Skills/Qualifications:
- Advanced Excel skills required (pivot tables/ vlookup formulas)
- Spanish and English speaking skills required
- Team player willing to learn new tasks
- Solid critical thinking, analysis, and attention to detail required
- Superb communications skills required
At AccountAbility Staffing, a Division of Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in the greater Tampa Bay area. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at http://www.accountabilitytemps.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.