Accounts Payable Clerk - Hybrid
Tampa Bay, FL US
Our client, an expanding, non-profit organization is adding top tier talent to their team to support the increased need for their mission in the Sarasota/Bradenton market. If you're a strong AP technician with a heart full of purpose, we've got an opportunity that's for you. The AP Clerk position will have outstanding visibility and a high degree of ownership. The bulk of the position will entail full-cycle accounts payable processing along with assisting the Senior Accountant in some additional month-end close duties. Are you interested in joining an organization where you will be able leverage your accounting skillset and passion for making an impact? If so, APPLY TODAY! Successful completion of background check (including fingerprints), drug test, and professional references required.
Accounts Payable Clerk Benefits and Compensation:
- Hybrid work schedule in a professional environment
- Solid benefits – healthcare, 401(k), generous paid holiday schedule
- GREAT leadership and high visibility in a rapidly growing company
- Compensation target up to $20/hr
- Excellent work life balance with 37.5hr weeks!
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Duties:
- Process roughly 1,000 invoices and payment requests per month.
- Ensure that all payments are made in accordance with company policies and grant stipulations
- Reconcile processed invoices by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to appropriate accounts and grant codes by analyzing invoice and expense reports
- Pay vendors, resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner, and ensuring that all obligations are met as per terms negotiated
- Maintain an organized and updated filing system for all payment records
- Assist in month-end closing processes and provide reports as requested by the Senior Staff Accountants
- Respond to external vendors and internal department inquiries regarding payment issues
- Stay updated with changes in grant regulations and accounting standards that pertain to accounts payable to ensure compliance
- Assist in other accounting projects as directed by the Senior Staff Accountant
Accounts Payable Clerk Skills/Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in business strongly preferred
- Previous experience in AP, preferably in a non-profit or grant-funded environment
- Proficiency in accounting software systems and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong organizational skills, ensuring all records are kept accurately and are easily referenced
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in processing financial information
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, for addressing both internal and external inquiries
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and adapt to a dynamic working environment
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and attention to detail required
At AccountAbility Staffing, a Division of Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in the greater Tampa Bay area. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at http://www.accountabilitytemps.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.