Sarasota/Bradenton Area, FL
Are you an ambitious accounting professional executive looking for an exciting career opportunity with one of the premier companies in the Sarasota area? Well, this position could be for you! We are conducting a search for an Assistant Controller to join a top performing team primarily responsible for overseeing month end close and preparing financial statements.
Assistant Controller Job Duties:
- Oversee month end financial statement preparation
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of accounting data
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Perform account reconciliations
- Perform variance analysis
- Post cash transactions
- Oversee accounts payable
- Supervise, mentor, and train staff
- Special projects, as needed
Assistant Controller Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification preferred
- 3+ years of professional accounting experience
- Supervision experience strongly preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills required
- Solid critical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communications skills required
Assistant Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- Medical & dental insurance
- Highly competitive compensation of $70,000 - $80,000, plus bonus potential!
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for…we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.