Tampa, FL US
A premier and fast-growing client company in Tampa Bay is seeking a right hand to the Controller. This Assistant Controller have strong problem-solving skills, diverse, logic and work independently. This is a great opportunity for an accountant to get to the next level! Do not miss this opportunity to work for an amazing company! APPLY TODAY!
Assistant Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- OUTSTANDING Benefits
- Highly competitive base compensation of up to $130,000, PLUS BONUS!
Assistant Controller Job Duties:
- Manages the activities of the Accounting Department while working with senior management.
- Supervise accounting staff, set their priorities and goals while ensuring they produce accurate and timely work.
- Manage smooth and timely month end closing
- Assists in overseeing cash and treasury functions
- Review analysis and appropriate journal entries
- Ensure proper cutoff and accounting for physical inventory
- Review journal entries posted to Great Plains
- Prepare and analyze financial statements (Management Reporter) for accuracy and reasonableness
- General Ledger account analysis and balance sheet reconciliation; ensuring timely completion
- Prepare, review, and submit month end reports
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports to department managers
- Prepare financial reporting packages for management to include Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
- Develop procedures to streamline accounting processes
- Oversee Cash Flow projections
- Serve as a liaison between accounting and operations
- Serves as primary liaison person with external auditors during their annual audit
- Special Projects as requested
- Eliminate duplicate processes and unnecessary reports
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Assistant Controller Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 7+ years of professional accounting
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software, database software, Excel, and Word
- Strong leadership skills, Ability to Multi-task
- Strong technical skills, critical thinking, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communications skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.