Controller - Florida
Are you a self-motivated accounting professional with strong leadership skills and looking for a new career opportunity with one of our clients in the Tampa Bay area? Well, this position could be for you! We are conducting a search for a Controller to join a top performing team responsible for overseeing all operational accounting functions.
Controller Job Duties:
- Develop financial benchmarks
- Supervise transaction processing functions
- Oversee account reconciliations
- Assist external auditors
- Perform variance analysis
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with implementing an internal control framework
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Ensure accuracy of financial reporting
- Train, develop and mentor staff
- Special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA or CMA certification required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience required
- Some public accounting firm experience preferred
- Strong analytical and leadership skills required
- Multi-site experience strongly preferred
- Some travel required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communications skills required
Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- FANTASTIC benefits
- Highly competitive compensation of $100,000 - $125,000, plus bonus potential
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.