Tampa, FL US
If you have a strong GAAP and technical accounting acumen, have a take-charge attitude, and can make critical decisions, then you might be a great fit for our client! Apply today to jump start your career as the next Controller with top-notch growing Tampa Bay PE-backed company.
Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment (hybrid schedule after a few months)
- Fantastic leadership and high visibility
- Strong benefits
- Highly competitive compensation of $140,000-$160,000 plus bonus (commensurate with experience)
Controller Job Duties:
- Prepare, review, and analyze accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Present financial reports to the executive team, providing valuable insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant accounting standards and regulations, including GAAP and other standards applicable to the company's operations.
- Lead and supervise the accounting team, providing guidance and support to ensure efficient and effective operations. Conduct performance evaluations and facilitate training to enhance team skills and knowledge.
- Collaborate with department heads to develop annual budgets and forecasts. Monitor budget variances and work with relevant stakeholders to implement corrective actions when necessary.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and potential risks. Make strategic recommendations to senior management based on data-driven insights.
- Oversee cash flow planning and management to ensure the availability of funds for day-to-day operations and long-term investments.
- Implement and monitor robust internal control procedures to safeguard company assets and prevent fraudulent activities.
- Coordinate with external auditors during the annual audit process, providing all necessary documentation and ensuring a smooth audit experience.
- Collaborate with tax advisors to ensure compliance with all tax laws and regulations, including corporate income tax, sales tax, and payroll tax.
- Continuously evaluate and enhance accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required, public accounting experience a plus
- 6+ years of proven accounting and in a leadership capacity
- Excellent Excel and large ERP systems
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communications skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.