Controller – Retained Search
Clearwater, FL US
Our client is a large local commercial General Contractor with extensive experience and completed projects throughout the Tampa Bay area. This is a long-standing family owned and operated business with strong values and a culture of hard work, honesty, respect, and kindness. We are conducting a Retained Search for a dynamic Controller to manage and oversee the accounting and HR operations. The company is located in Clearwater and is easily accessible from Tampa and Pinellas. The Controller will lead a small team and hold responsibility for the company’s financial records, audits, and similar.
Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment and beautiful state of the art office building
- Fantastic leadership, high visibility, and very low turnover
- Full benefits package including generous paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan with match
- Competitive compensation of $110,000-$130,000 plus bonus (commensurate with experience)
Controller Job Duties:
- Oversee the financial close process and maintain the general ledger and supporting records
- Lead and supervise the accounting and HR team
- Perform monthly job cost reviews
- Maintain the work in progress (WIP) schedule
- Prepare financial statements and related analyses
- Complete bank reconciliations and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Manage the annual audit as well as additional project-level audits as needed
- Work with the external CPA firm for tax filings, payments, and reporting
- Maintain a strong internal controls environment and seek opportunities for process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, public accounting experience a plus
- 7+ years of proven accounting and in a leadership capacity
- Strongly prefer experience with commercial construction accounting
- Knowledge of cost accounting, percentage of completion accounting, and WIP reporting preferred
- Excellent Excel skills needed
- Strong GAAP knowledge required
- High level of integrity, respect for others and yourself, and take pride in your work
- Superb communications skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we know what you're looking for and how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.