Tampa, FL US
We have an expanding real estate client that has entrusted us to assist in identification of a new Corporate Controller position to lead and mentor a quality team of accounting professionals! Great hybrid work schedule, beautiful offices in Tampa Bay, a supportive executive team and lots of professional fun await! This exclusive search for a CPA with quality accounting and leadership experience is a great opportunity.
Corporate Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- Hybrid work schedule
- Great opportunity with high visibility
- Terrific career growth potential
- Excellent benefits package
- Highly competitive compensation of $175,000-$225,000, plus bonus potential
Corporate Controller Job Duties:
- Determine accounting implications of complex transactions including acquisitions and integration. Research accounting literature, develop conclusions and implement results
- Lead, support and develop the Corporate Accounting team
- Administer audit and compliance matters
- Identify recommendations for improvements in the corporate accounting processes, operational procedures, and reporting functions
- Provide day to day leadership and participate in direction of accounting and finance activities
- Collaborate with various internal business partners, answering questions and providing financial and accounting guidance as needed
- Responsible for understanding and managing the complex periodic income allocation and consolidation process
- Assist in the onboarding of acquisitions, and disposition and closure of properties being sold
- Special projects as directed by executive leadership
Corporate Controller Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA required
- 14+ years of accounting and finance experience
- Strong leadership experience managing a team of up to 15 direct and indirect professionals
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP
- Experience in partnership and joint venture accounting processes and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and confidence to interact with an experienced and driven executive team
- Project management skills, organized, detail-oriented, and capable of handling multiple tasks
- Proficient computer skills including strong Excel
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.