Director of Accounting – Retained Search (Exclusive to Taylor White)
Tampa, FL US
Our client is a high-growth company located in Sumter County. The Director of Accounting position will have outstanding visibility and the ability to partner cross-functionally supporting operational and sales leadership, and interfacing with finance decision makers, of this thriving company. Base compensation up to $150k + 25-30% bonus and CFO promotion within 3-5 years.
Director of Accounting Job Duties:
- Provide financial (including tax) reporting, analysis and planning for the Company
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures for the Company and adherence to GAAP
- Ensure the Company’s ERP system is up to date and operating properly, as well as developing or improving the management information systems
- Manage the Treasury function for the Company including bank relationships, insurance needs and placement, cash management and investments, employee benefit and retirement plans and evaluating external financing alternatives
- Advise President and Board of Directors on financial matters, issues or implications as well as financial performance
Specific Duties Include:
- Ensure that Company’s accounting policies and procedures are proper and are being followed to correctly account for all business activity as well as safeguarding company assets. Develop or modify business systems as needed.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and KPIs for each business activity and the consolidated entity; prepare various analyses on production & mfg burdens for multiple cost centers
- Preparation of sales and gross margins analyses pertaining to customers, products, and shipping regions
- Assist VP sales in preparing presentations of these analyses
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly Board reports, which includes financial statements, business analysis, capital project evaluations, debt covenant compliance, or other needed financial reports
- Design, implement and maintain Company’s annual budget process
- Management of centralized accounting staff of Controller, head bookkeeper, staff accountant and accounting clerk
- Other duties as assigned
Director of Accounting Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Supervisory Experience required
- Manufacturing is a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, primarily advanced Excel skills
- Advanced technical and analytical skills required
- Strong leadership development skills and works well in a team environment
- Superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and excellent communications skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.