Director of Accounting and Finance
North Tampa, FL US
One of our Tampa Bay clients is seeking a Director of Accounting and Finance to help build out and grow their team. This leadership role must have a passion for getting things done, be a change agent, and an appreciation for details. You must believe in continual process improvement, but you must be ready to jump in to handle fires as they occur. Check out this ad and APPLY NOW!
Director of Accounting and Finance Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment (Hybrid 3/2 or in office, North Tampa)
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- Strong benefits
- Highly competitive compensation of $150,000-$175,000 (commensurate with experience)
Director of Accounting and Finance Job Duties:
- Manage, educate, and mentor accounting team to provide all employees opportunity for growth and development
- Developing and implementing financial department standard work
- Lead the monthly financial closing process to ensure timely and accurate reporting of business unit and corporate financial statements
- Responsible for the development, implementation and control of systems and records for timely, accurate reporting and recording of financial information
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place to ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Provide strong leadership to operating teams to ensure established controls are well-understood and followed
- Ensure business unit compliance with policies and procedures as well as those of GAAP, IFRS, and other applicable guidelines
- Establish, maintain, and provide accurate and cost reporting to management.
- Responsible for material and labor standards updates to the accounting master files
- Develop and utilize financial dashboards and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the success of business initiatives
- Analyze and update budgets & forecasts for month, fiscal year and future projections
- Develop and maintain financial models and identify drivers and assumptions to enhance the predictability and forecast accuracy of the business
- Run scenario analyses to understand the financial impact of operational changes; perform ad hoc analysis as needed for senior leadership team
- Manage 13-week cash flow forecasting process and ensure funds available for regular business activities
- Support contract negotiations on key customer contracts and RFPs.
- Work proactively with outside auditors to plan and execute quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Director of Accounting and Finance Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting; CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred
- Experience in DoD and/or Aerospace industry highly preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in Accounting/Financial Management
- Change agent mindset, with track record of building and creating strategic initiatives
- Experience in complying with federal government accounting requirements, DCAA and associated FAR requirements a major plus
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma management concepts and/or certifications
- Experience with large databases and the ability to utilize data from various BI systems preferred
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.