Director of Cost Accounting
Are you an executive cost accounting professional with distribution experience looking for an exciting new career opportunity with one of the premier companies in the Tampa area? Well, this position could be for you! We are conducting a search for a Director of Cost Accounting to join a team primarily responsible for overseeing all cost accounting.
Director of Cost Accounting Job Duties:
- Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Assess current process and implement process improvements where needed
- Oversee month end close process
- Manage inventory costing
- Oversee purchasing
- Assist with strategic direction of the company
- Develop metrics to track performance
- Oversee management reporting and KPI’s
- Develop and mentor a team
- Various special projects, as needed
Director of Cost Accounting Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA certification preferred
- 10+ years of progressive cost/operational accounting accounting experience
- Strong leadership skills required
- Distribution/plant experience required
- Large company experience required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and excellent written and communications skills required
Director of Cost Accounting Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- FANTASTIC benefits
- Highly competitive compensation of $135,000 - $150,000, plus bonus potential!
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.