Director of FP&A - Heavily Hybrid
Tampa, FL US
Our client, a high-growth, private-equity owned company looking to establish offices right here in Tampa Bay, is seeking a strong leader for their rapidly expanding team. The Director of FP&A role involves a mix of traditional corporate FP&A, as well as heavy functional support such as Operations Finance, Sales Finance, etc. The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven history of evolving reporting and tools leveraged by Operations, C-suite and PE partners throughout the organization. They will possess a process-focused mindset and have M&A integration exposure, as well as a passion for collaborating with cross-functional decision makers! The Director of FP&A will report to an outstanding leader and have the opportunity to make their mark as processes, tools and templates are developed. If you have a keen eye for detail, unwavering integrity, and love to be a part of helping to evolve an organization to position it for growth, this role could be perfect for you! Background check and drug test required.
Director of FP&A Benefits and Compensation:
- Professional, flexible and “family first” working environment (GREAT work life balance)
- REMARKABLE leadership and high visibility
- Heavily hybrid work setting
- Highly competitive compensation of up to $150,000 (commensurate with experience), plus bonus potential!
Director of FP&A Job Duties:
- Scope of role involves all aspects of corporate and functional finance, including support of strategy, business/operational analysis, revenue/pipeline analysis, profitability analysis, budgeting/forecasting, modeling, management reporting and ad hoc projects
- Partner with executive leadership and operational/sales line management to distill, interpret and report on business operations to understand underlying metrics and opportunities
- Work with executive team and private equity ownership to determine appropriate operational KPI’s and make them actionable
- Be a hands-on FP&A professional providing forecasting on an individual business line and consolidated level
- Lead annual budgeting process and consolidate data between multiple systems
- Create complex models to evaluate business alternatives, trends and results of operations
- Perform project engagement economics analysis, reporting and collaborating with PMs in the field regarding opportunities for profitability improvements
- Monthly management reporting for all entities, including relevant insights and fluctuations vs. budget/forecast
- Evaluate project level margins and profitability and provide feedback to project managers on variances to help drive results
- Design and implement tools, templates and processes to create infrastructure for growth in support of financial strategies
- Retain, develop and direct finance staff (will begin with a staff of one, but likely will grow to three or more)
- Have the ability and proven success working in a remote/heavily hybrid environment, as well as potentially leading remote resources
- Support special projects and initiatives, as requested
Director of FP&A Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred; CPA a plus
- M&A integration and prior PE company exposure highly preferred; International experience a plus
- Possess a vision for enterprise planning tools and have prior experience with system implementations
- Proven history of thriving in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Willing to travel periodically and MUST possess expert-level Excel utilization
- Exposure to project accounting (job profitability, job costing) in a professional services industry strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to interface with all levels, including C-suite/PE, etc. possessing executive presence & poise
- Strong presentation skills and ability to convey financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented, with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.