Director of Finance
Sarasota/Bradenton Area, FL US
We are seeking a Director of Finance to join an established non-profit organization in the Bradenton, FL, area! This role will be a member of the senior management team and own the accounting and finance function including the financial close process, all required financial reporting, financial analysis and metrics, supervision and development of staff, and more.
Director of Finance Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation package of $95,000 – $115,000 (to be based on level of experience)
- A highly visible role leading a team with a respected local non-profit organization
- GREAT leadership with long tenure within the organization
- STRONG benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, and generous paid holidays and vacation time
Director of Finance Job Duties:
- Oversee the month end close process including review of financial results and variances
- Prepare required financial reporting packages on a quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare annual operating budget and track actual results against budget
- Present financial results to senior management and executives
- Maintain cash flow reports and cash forecast, and approve transfers of funds
- Interact with external auditors, bankers, and other third parties as required
- Supervise and provide guidance to the accounting team of 15 individuals
- Process improvements and special projects, as assigned
Director of Finance Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Active CPA license required
- 8+ years of professional accounting experience
- Prior experience leading the accounting function, either as Accounting Manager or Controller
- Experience leading a team and developing staff needed
- Advanced financial systems skills needed including Excel and large ERP
- Strong analytical skills, sense of urgency, keen eye for detail
- Excellent organizational and communications skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.