Exclusive Controller - REMOTE
Tampa Bay, FL US
This Controller position is for one of our top non profit clients in the Tampa Bay area.
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- Highly competitive base compensation of up to $130,000, plus bonus plus outstanding benefits!
Controller Job Duties:
- Manage Finance staff, including setting priorities, assessing staffing and workloads, and performance evaluations.
- Deliver scheduled and ad hoc, weekly, and monthly financial reporting/analysis materials, meeting required deadlines.
- Ensure gifts, grants and payables are identified, recorded, monitored, and adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Review and confirm financial statements are accurate in accordance with GAAP and corresponding supporting and analytical schedules are reconciled.
- Prepare illustrations for charitable gift annuities and charitable unitrusts.
- Independently solve accounting issues; recommend and implement process improvements.
- Manage annual audits and tax return preparation in conjunction with the CFO and confirm schedules for audits and other required filings.
- Interface with Audit and Risk Oversight Committee, Finance Committee, Investment Committee and Board members.
- Interact/collaborate with other departments, donors, grantees, and vendors to resolve questions/issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Experience managing an accounting/finance team
- Non profit experience preferred but will consider others with a passion for what we do
- Advanced-level user with Excel, sophisticated accounting software, database applications and Microsoft Office
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Experience with creating reports and financial statements, as well as preparing well-documented workpapers for the annual financial audit and tax return preparation
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communications skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.