Financial Reporting Senior
Tampa, FL US
One of our premier Fortune 500 clients is seeking an accounting leader for an amazing career opportunity! This Financial Reporting Senior is to join a top performing team primarily responsible for SEC reporting functions and assistance with SOX, audit liaison and analysis.
Financial Reporting Senior Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment (hybrid work arrangement)
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- SOLID benefits
- Highly competitive compensation of $100,000-$110,000, plus bonus potential!
Financial Reporting Senior Job Duties:
- Lead the reporting of company’s monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including SEC internal tax and management reporting requirements, corporate cash flow templates, balance sheet fluctuation analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, and routine information submittals for government and industry reporting.
- Lead the preparation and analysis of all Corporate Accounting SOX controls. Ensure compliance of all Corporate Accounting SOX controls through coordination of quarterly SOX self-assessments and the establishment of enhanced control documentation.
- Lead internal controls support for the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and Internal Controls including leading annual SOX Process walk throughs auditors and the Business.
- Lead, develop and coach employees in order to retain and expand organizational talent through focused attention and effort. Provide timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles and the business. Manage performance issues when necessary. Work with employees on their career development plans. Ensures proper level of US GAAP knowledge to perform duties and properly maintain book and records.
- Facilitate and coordinate with external auditors on financial close and reporting audit as well as ensuring the completion of the Prepared by Client list by working with, internal and external auditors. Other job duties and projects as assigned.
- Special projects, as needed
Financial Reporting Senior Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance required
- 5+ years of professional finance/accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC and/or management reporting, internal controls and SOX compliance
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) with advanced Excel skills
- Experience/knowledge of large ERP system preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and excellent written and communications skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.