Forensic Consultant - Hybrid
Tampa Bay, FL US
One of our established, market-leading consulting clients is looking to add to their existing STRONG team of litigation, valuation and forensic professionals. Are you excited about joining a high performing team, working for outstanding leadership and mentors with proven expertise in this space? Do you enjoy a dynamic, unique and really INTERESTING role where you will be given the autonomy to work on complex engagement work, leveraging your analytic prowess to provide support, insight and analysis to support your clients? This Forensic Consultant (open to Staff, Senior or Supervisor level) opportunity will offer great visibility, along with project-based work that will be focused primarily on gathering and analyzing data, distilling information and then preparing reports and presentations to summarize your findings, all with a focus on forensic valuation, litigation support, and audit! Our client offers a flexible, hybrid work setting, solid benefits and fantastic work life balance! This is a fantastic role for someone already in the forensic space, or for someone with a complimentary background (e.g., audit or tax) who is interested in doing something “different” and taking their career in a new direction. Apply today to learn more!
Forensic Consultant Benefits and Compensation:
- Professional, collaborative working environment
- Proven leadership and high visibility
- Solid career growth potential
- Great benefits and a flexible, hybrid working environment
- Highly competitive compensation of $65,000 – 110,000 (commensurate with level), PLUS bonus potential!
Forensic Consultant Job Duties:
- Performance of preliminary valuation, forensic, and other financial analyses, including development of comparative adjusted financial statements and data input for expert witness exhibits.
- Execute litigation support/forensic accounting engagements, with responsibilities that may include business valuations, fraud examinations and more.
- Knowledge of the relevant guidelines and their applicability to accounting principles in performance of forensic accounting.
- Participate in client assignments from beginning to end.
- Create forensic and economics models for presentation of forensic standard accounting system.
- Identify and communicate case issues, findings, and improvement opportunities with managers and partners to resolve client issues discovered during engagements.
- Work with additional team members to inventory and reconcile documents and data produced in preparation for submission to courts, attorneys, and clients
- Assist in the preparation of exhibits and background information for expert witness testimony
- Maintain and comply with highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct.
- Participate in training and developing staff and building a team-centered client service team; monitor client issues related to compliance services and monitor engagement status and profitability as well as attending to client expectations
- Experience taking ownership of a project engagements – drafting and responding to correspondence, discovery, pleadings, and motions; supporting depositions, mediation, hearings, and trials
Forensic Consultant Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required; active CPA (or in pursuit); CFE a big plus!
- 1-20 years of experience in litigation support (exposure to matrimonial law, M&A, or business consolidations preferred), audit or tax
- Solid foundation in GAAP accounting and business principals
- Superb attention to detail and excellent written and communication skills required
- Experience multi-tasking and balancing multiple engagements
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical skills, and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to adjust priorities as deadlines shift
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (complex formulas, pivots, and lookups), and other MS Office Suite applications
- All hires subject to successful criminal background check
At Taylor White Consulting, we view consulting as a career – not as a temporary fix between permanent opportunities. Therefore, we only employ highly experienced career Consultants who enjoy the variety of challenges we’re able to pair them with. We also do what it takes to keep a steady flow of top talent, attracting the area’s best Consultants through competitive pay and outstanding benefits. For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhiteconsulting.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.