Grant Accountants – HYBRID
Sarasota, FL US
Our client, a high-growth, non-profit organization is adding top tier talent to their team to support their impressive revenue trajectory. If you're a creative visionary with a heart full of purpose, we've got an opportunity that's for you. The Grant Accountant positions will have outstanding visibility and a high degree of ownership. The position will entail providing grant audit support, maintaining accurate and highly detailed records as they pertain to grant requirements, and serving as the SME for any grant-related inquiries. Are you interested in joining an organization where you will be able leverage your accounting skillset and passion for making an impact? If so, APPLY TODAY! Successful completion of background check (including fingerprints), drug test, and professional references required.
Grant Accountant Benefits and Compensation:
- Hybrid work schedule in a professional environment
- Solid benefits – healthcare, 401(k), generous paid holiday schedule
- GREAT leadership and high visibility in a rapidly growing company
- Highly competitive compensation of $70,000 - $75,000, plus bonus potential!
Grant Accountant Job Duties:
- Accurately prepare invoices and grant applications
- Compile grant documentation and supporting backup
- Perform budget review and analysis to ensure expense allotments are not exceeded
- Maintain compliance with grant contract agreements
- Continuously review grant processes to improve controls and streamline efficiencies
- Prepare and generate periodic financial reports and assist in budget planning meetings
- Participate in site visits, audits, and grant monitoring
- Collaborate with leadership for grant awards, negotiations, and ongoing management of the overall programs
Grant Accountant Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting HIGHLY preferred or proven experience in grant accounting required
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices, especially related to fund accounting and grants management
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in financial software and tools (ERP and Microsoft Excel) required
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in financial data management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration across departments
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and compliance in grant-funded environments
At AccountAbility Staffing, a Division of Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in the greater Tampa Bay area. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at http://www.accountabilitytemps.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.