Interim Construction Controller
Tampa, FL US
We are conducting a search for an Interim Construction Controller to provide support and process insights to the team of a family-owned, high-growth company. This unique opportunity offers the right candidate the ability to work with a proven executives with a track record of successful growth in their space. Our client is seeking an experienced professional with solid construction accounting fundamentals and the analytic horsepower to provide strategic support as they evolve the company and its infrastructure. The right candidate will have a proven ability to build and evolve structure, tools and reports and will have responsibility for streamlining processes, controls and helping build out the company’s accounting infrastructure. This can possibly turn to a permanent opportunity. This position is ideal for someone with industry exposure to commercial construction who is passionate about being a part of a solid team and innovating. Interested in learning more? APPLY TODAY! Background check will be required.
Interim Construction Controller Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- Highly competitive hourly rate (commensurate with experience)
- Health and dental insurance after initial 90 days of employment
Interim Construction Controller Job Duties:
- Support development of an annual operational planning process (including strategic plan, budget, and forecasts) and assist in evolving metrics and reporting to assess project and customer profitability
- Pair with cross-functional teams to support forecasting and actuals reporting of sales, orders, and backlog on a weekly and monthly basis
- Develop variance analysis process to establish key benchmarks (budget, forecast, prior year, etc.)
- Assist with evolving cash flow forecasting process
- Review and explore restructuring the company’s line of credit
- Ensure consistency and process improvement in Accounting and Financial processes and procedures.
- Develop and deploy key operational metrics and analysis to support daily management of the business, proactive management of costs and capital, and to drive sustainable improvement.
- Make process, control and overall operational assessments and recommendations
- Evolve month-end close procedures and assist with preparing monthly financial results, including key metrics and data analysis for executive leadership.
- Prepare periodic financial reports to share with key members of departments.
Interim Construction Controller Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Strong proficiency in Excel required
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience within the construction industry
- Strong technical accounting skills required
- Superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and excellent communications skills required
At Taylor White Consulting, we view consulting as a career – not as a temporary fix between permanent opportunities. Therefore, we only employ highly experienced career Consultants who enjoy the variety of challenges we’re able to pair them with. We also do what it takes to keep a steady flow of top talent, attracting the area’s best Consultants through competitive pay and outstanding benefits. For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhiteconsulting.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.