Payroll Accountant - Hybrid
Tampa Bay, FL US
Our client, a high-growth, private equity owned company here in Tampa Bay, has been adding top tier talent to their team to support their impressive revenue trajectory. The Payroll Accountant position will have outstanding visibility and the ability to partner cross-functionally & interface with finance decision makers. Are you interested in advancing your career and being a part of a dynamic, high caliber team? Would you love the opportunity to grow within a positive, collaborative culture? If so, this role could be for you!! This position will be very heavily focused on all things payroll and automation of processes! The role requires someone with an ‘auditor’s eye and mentality’ who is passionate about doing things the right way, not just the way they have always been done. Additionally, there is an innovative focus to the role, fixated on evolving and streamlining processes to support the company’s growth. This is a role where you can make a real impact on an organization while supporting business operations. APPLY TODAY to learn more!
Payroll Accountant Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional, hybrid working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- Highly competitive salary of $75,000 - $85,000, plus bonus potential!
- Great Benefits: Medical, PTO, etc.
Payroll Accountant Job Duties:
- Process high-volume payroll transactions for 2,000+ employees in various states
- Responsible for partnering with the Finance/Accounting team to assist with payroll entries
- Maintain multi-entity payroll general ledger account mapping
- Perform internal audits and prepare materials for external and internal auditors
- Precisely document payroll processes for payroll walk-throughs
- Perform funding reconciliations of net pay, garnishments, and payroll tax between ERP systems
- Process any payrolls that are off-cycle and run special payrolls when needed
- Conduct payroll year-end closeout audits
- Ability to perform is fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Payroll Accountant Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- Solid understanding of debits and credits
- 3+ years of payroll experience ideally working in a multi-state environment
- Advanced level of Excel required
- FPC or CPP designation preferred
- In-dept knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal controls, and payroll taxes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with large, notable payroll software packages
- Solid critical thinking and attention to detail
- Superb communications skills required
At AccountAbility Staffing, a Division of Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in the greater Tampa Bay area. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at http://www.accountabilitytemps.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.