Project Accounting Manager
Tampa Bay, FL
If you are experienced in Project Accounting and understand the costing of projects, we have a role for you! Our client, one of Tampa Bay’s premier companies is looking for a Project Accounting Manager to manage over 700 projects – ensuring contracts are closed correctly / billed correctly and assisting with the project managers with status of project.
Project Accounting Manager Job Duties:
- Analyzing projects to ensure accurate reporting and calculating adjustments as needed
- Reviewing customer contracts and billings
- Assisting project managers in understanding the financials of each project and ensuring that all required support is gathered in order to be in adherence with GAAP and SOX controls
- Reviewing and approving revenue adjustments
- Monitoring unbilled costs
- Analyzing monthly financial reports, journal entry preparation and postings to the general ledger for various accounts
- Managing general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation and month-end closing
- Acting as liaison by coordinating accounting matters between Operations, Finance, Contracts & Proposals
- Assisting in the preparation of various monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports for internal and external contacts
- Performing SOX testing and reviewing
- Performing internal audits on project financials
Project Accounting Manager Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of project accounting experience
- Either consulting or construction industry experience
- Proven managerial experience – will manage 3 direct reports
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot, vlookups, etc.)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
Project Accounting Manager Benefits and Compensation:
- Great work life balance, including the option to work remote
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- FANTASTIC benefits
- Highly competitive compensation of $75,000 - $80,000, plus bonus potential
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.