Are you a strong Senior Accountant looking to work closely with the Assistant Controller in directing the company’s accounting functions? If so, we want to talk to you! One of our corporate clients with an international presence is continuing its pursuit of rapid growth. The company is looking to add bench strength to its accounting team located in Pinellas.
Senior Accountant Job Duties:
- Directly supervise, manage and continually develop a team of 1-2 staff accountants.
- Efficiently and accurately close the books, including review of the staff journal entries, general ledger, sub-ledgers, supporting schedules and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Perform month-end close tasks and account reconciliations for high risk / complex areas including the global intercompany reconciliation.
- Calculate and analyze reserves each quarter (allowance for doubtful accounts, inventory excess and obsolete, warranty).
- Responsible for preparing and filing monthly sales tax returns.
- Coach and mentor team members and promote a team environment. Actively support career development for the team.
- Manage and perform ad hoc analysis or special projects as needed.
Senior Accountant Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of professional accounting experience
- National or strong regional CPA firm experience, or a combo of public accounting/private industry would be terrific!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced-level Excel skills
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- Demonstrated leadership and team building, including staff development skills
- Excellent organizational ability and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team to solve a problem or reach a goal
Senior Accountant Benefits & Compensation:
- AWESOME work environment
- TERRIFIC work-life balance
- GREAT benefits
- Compensation package of $70,000 - $75,000!
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for…we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.