Are you a driven accounting professional with insurance industry experience looking for an opportunity to grow your career? We are conducting a search for a Senior Accountant to join a top performing team in the Sarasota area responsible for assisting with core accounting functions.
Senior Accountant Job Duties:
- Assist with financial close process, including journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare GAAP and STAT financial statements
- Prepare schedules and financial information to facilitate the external audit
- Assist with the financial planning and analysis function, including budgeting and forecasting
- Review quarterly and annual statutory statements
- Assist with cash/treasury functions as needed
- Special projects, as assigned
Senior Accountant Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification, or in pursuit strongly preferred
- 3+ years of professional accounting experience
- Insurance industry experience required
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required
- Superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and excellent communications skills required
Senior Accountant Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- FANTASTIC benefits
- Highly competitive compensation of $70,000 - $80,000, plus strong bonus potential!
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.