Sarasota, FL US
We are seeking a strong Accountant to join a growing real estate development company that has been a respected fixture in the Sarasota community for many years. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and join a small team that has experienced very little turnover. They have created this role to add bandwidth to the accounting team as the company continues to grow! If you have a positive attitude, solid understanding of debits and credits, and enjoy the type of position where you are involved in the accounting process from start to finish, please apply!
Senior Accountant Benefits and Compensation:
- A professional working environment
- GREAT leadership and high visibility
- TERRIFIC career growth potential
- Medical and dental insurance and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation of up to $75,000
Senior Accountant Job Duties:
- Responsible for month end close responsibilities including preparing journal entries and accruals
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, and resolve discrepancies
- Responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Perform daily cash management and reporting responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements on monthly basis
- Special projects, as assigned
Senior Accountant Skills/Qualifications:
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Solid understanding of debits & credits
- Basic experience with Microsoft Excel required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar preferred
- Proficient with Yardi a plus but not needed
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and excellent communications skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.