Tampa Bay, FL US
Are you an accounting professional who appreciates a role that leverages both your transactional accounting and your analytic skills? Do you enjoy being in a highly interactive role with close collaboration with cross-functional teams and those in the field? Well, if so, we have a great role for you working with one of our best clients right here in Tampa Bay! You’ll interface with an outstanding leadership team, in a positive, collaborative environment, while having the opportunity to really grow your career long-term in a company known for effective development and succession planning of their employees. This market leader in their space offers a unique and interesting industry and enough complex business issues to challenge you while you grow! This highly interactive career opportunity as a Senior Accountant will offer you the opportunity to take your career to the next level and be a business problem solver. Want to learn more? APPLY HERE!
Senior Accountant Benefits and Compensation:
- Professional, collaborative and positive working environment
- Outstanding leadership, succession planning and high visibility
- Great benefit package including PTO, 401(k) and strong health care offerings
- Highly competitive compensation of $85,000 - $94,000, plus bonus
Senior Accountant Job Duties:
- Assist in supporting sales and accounting teams in researching, troubleshooting, and resolving customer issues.
- Own the monthly accounting activities as well as financial reporting processes.
- Perform core accounting functions with the ability to effectively communicate discrepancies to senior leadership
- Communicate with customers regarding billings / discrepancies, including providing customers with supporting documentation related to inquiries
- Complete any required related journal entries, including accruals for month-end fees, billing corrections and other misc. items.
- Prepare and update balance sheet reconciliations and include documentation for all items reconciled
- Assist in the review and preparation of monthly financial flux analysis and reporting.
- Ability to compose concise, simplified written descriptions of accounting, finance and customer issues
- Develop a solid understanding of the business and customer needs.
- Make recommendations internally and to leadership with financial analytics, documentation reviews or process reviews.
- Support accounting team with reporting, documentation, and review for audit requests.
- Create and maintain SOPs on the sales finance process.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to handle varying priorities
Senior Commercial Analyst Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required, CPA a plus
- 3+ years of experience accounting or finance experience
- Experience working in an manufacturing/retail/distribution/consumer packaged goods operation ideal
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills required
- Advanced proficiency working in Excel
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a problem-solver by nature
- Attention to detail, planning, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player who is able to collaborate with multiple functions
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.