Senior Cost Accountant
Tampa Bay, FL US
Our client, an industry leader headquartered in Tampa Bay with global operations, is adding top-tier talent to its accounting team to support the company’s continued growth. The Senior Cost Accountant position will report to the Controller who has an extensive background in manufacturing finance and cost accounting and is committed to mentoring this new hire to welcome them into the team and set a clear path for career growth. Are you interested in advancing your career and being a part of a fun and collaborative team? Do you enjoy complex analysis and understanding the information behind the data, communicating with individuals throughout the organization, and partnering with team members to improve processes? If so, this role could be for you!! This position will be responsible for margin analysis, setting standard costs, participating in the financial close process, analyzing financial results, and reporting to senior management, supporting sales and operations as needed, and more. APPLY TODAY to learn more!
Senior Cost Accountant Benefits and Compensation:
- Professional working environment with great, positive culture
- Solid leadership and high visibility
- Outstanding career growth potential
- EXCELLENT benefits package
- Highly competitive compensation of $95,000 - $105,000, plus bonus!
Senior Cost Accountant Job Duties:
- Perform margin analyses on a periodic basis, offer operational insights for decision making
- Participate in the financial close process including financial analysis against budget, calculating adjusting entries, and similar
- Lead special projects and process improvement efforts – innovate!
- Own the inventory accounting process including reconciliations, process improvements, journal entries
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and support the external audit
- Participate in the review and presentation of operational and financial results to senior management
- Collaborate with others within accounting and finance, operations, leadership, and throughout the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
Senior Cost Accountant Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 3+ year of professional accounting experience, ideally with a manufacturing company
- Strongly prefer prior experience with product costing and inventory accounting
- Self-motivated, critical thinker – when things don’t look right you dig in, ask questions, and come up with solutions
- Attention to detail, timeliness, and accuracy are required
- Collaborative, someone who builds relationships, effective communicator
- Advanced proficiency in Excel a MUST – the team works with large data sets
- Experienced working in a major ERP system is needed
At Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.