Senior Finance Professional
Clearwater, FL US
Our client is looking to add a unique new position to the team. This is the perfect position for a motivated accounting/finance professional looking to apply their experience in a new, exciting way. This is NOT YOUR AVERAGE accounting/finance role!
In this position, you will partner with the owner of a small construction company to drive growth. Dive into the financials of potential investment deals. Apply your technical expertise to dig into data, ask the right questions, review tax returns, analyze jobs and projections, and determine which deals are smart business moves.
The owner is looking to bring on a sharp professional who is as passionate about their work as he is. This position is viewed as a critical role to the growth of the company.
What you will receive:
- High visibility to leadership with enormous growth potential
- A broad set of responsibilities and exposure to multiple facets of the business
- The support of experienced industry professionals and long-tenured accounting team
- Compensation of $75-90K (commensurate with experience level), plus discretionary bonus potential
- A cohesive, family-focused culture with team lunches and birthday celebrations
- Professional office space on 5-acres of land separate from the shop floor
- Standard suite of benefits
- A “seat at the table” to contribute to the growth of a small company
What you need to bring:
- 7-10ish years of accounting/finance experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit and adaptability
- A great attitude and a passion for your work
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel (pivots and vlookups)
- Ideally, QuickBooks Online experience, but general system savviness suffices
- The ability and ambition to learn quickly
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details, as well as the ability to think bigger picture
- A business-minded approach to work
- Strong communication and professionalism to interface with executives and potential investees
- The ability to translate accounting and finance results into applicable operational terms
This position is 100% in office in Clearwater with the flexibility to work remotely in specific instances.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.