Staff Accountant - HYBRID
Tampa Bay, FL US
Our client, an expanding, non-profit organization is adding top tier talent to their team to support the increased need for their mission in the Sarasota/Bradenton market. If you're a strong accounting technician with a heart full of purpose, we've got an opportunity that's for you. The Staff Accountant position will have outstanding visibility and a high degree of ownership. The position will entail some transactional responsibilities such as AP and AR along with core GL accounting duties, including month-end close, reconciliations, journal entries, and an array of additional tasks. The ideal candidate for this position will have a desire to gain some well-rounded accounting exposure and will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial reporting and compiling data for the external auditors. Are you interested in joining an organization where you will be able leverage your accounting skillset and passion for making an impact? If so, APPLY TODAY! Successful completion of background check (including fingerprints), drug test, and professional references required.
Staff Accountant Benefits and Compensation:
- Hybrid work schedule in a professional environment
- Solid benefits – healthcare, 401(k), generous paid holiday schedule
- GREAT leadership and high visibility in a rapidly growing company
- Highly competitive compensation of $50,000 - $56,000, plus bonus potential!
- Excellent work life balance with 37.5hr weeks!
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Assist the Sr. Accountant with accounting functions, including AP, AR, and GL entries
- Perform monthly reconciliations and identify/resolve any pending discrepancies
- Support the coding process, ensuring all transactions are coded appropriately for grant compliance
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports
- Compile and maintain documentation for audits, grant reports, and other financial reviews
- Help in preparing schedules for external auditors during annual audits
- Stay updated with changes in accounting standards and regulations, particularly as they relate to non-profit organizations
- Provide support in budgeting processes under the guidance of the Senior Accountant
- Perform other ad hoc financial analysis and tasks as assigned by leadership
Staff Accountant Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft skills with advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Able to manage workflow and meet deadlines and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to self-organize and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
At AccountAbility Staffing, a Division of Taylor White, we specialize exclusively in Accounting & Finance leadership roles in the greater Tampa Bay area. Our industry knowledge combined with our extensive recruiting experience means we not only know what you're looking for; we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at http://www.accountabilitytemps.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.