Tax Staff or Tax Senior – State and Local Tax (SALT)
Tampa, FL US
Are you a tax professional looking to grow your career and wanting to be a part of the RIGHT company? Our client, a high-growth, private equity owned company here in Tampa Bay, has been adding top tier talent to their team to support their impressive revenue trajectory. The Tax Staff or Tax Senior - SALT position will have outstanding visibility and the ability to partner cross-functionally & interface with finance decision makers. You will join a growing tax department and have real potential to make an impact on the function. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, and also be able to effectively identify opportunities to streamline and improve the indirect tax function while helping to drive state income tax audits, support composite tax estimates and extensions, and prepare/review the company’s tax returns for accurate filing of all respective tax forms. Want to learn more? APPLY TODAY to learn more!
Tax Staff or Tax Senior – State and Local Tax (SALT) - Benefits and Compensation:
- Professional working environment
- Exceptional leadership
- Solid career growth potential and high visibility
- Medical & dental insurance
- Highly competitive compensation, commensurate with experience level (staff or senior) of $80,000 - $105,000, plus bonus potential! (commensurate with experience)
Tax Staff or Tax Senior – State and Local Tax (SALT) - Job Duties:
- Facilitate and ensure the accurate preparation and review of the company’s State Income, Franchise, Gross Receipts, Property and State Use tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms
- Support quarterly/yearly state composite tax estimates and extensions
- Identify improvements to, and support, state apportionment information reports by coordinating with Executive, IT and Accounting management
- Identify opportunities for process improvement in company state and local tax procedures
- Support execution of overall return calendar and meet established deadlines
- Support effective control procedures over all aspects of the state and local tax process
- Help drive State income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Assist with various external or internal audits and special tax related projects
- Execute special projects as needed
Tax Staff or Tax Senior – State and Local Tax (SALT) - Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 3+ years of professional tax experience
- Preferred knowledge of all 50 states’ tax code (will train)
- Ability to work well independently as well as with stakeholders
- Familiarity with CCH AnswerConnect Research software and CCH Cloud Axcess a plus
- Solid critical thinking and analysis and attention to detail
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communication skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.