VP of Accounting & Treasury – HYBRID
Tampa, FL US
Are you an accounting leader and proven change agent with a passion for driving and optimizing processes and teams? Are you seeking a flexible, hybrid role with an outstanding family-owned company? Our client is seeking a VP of Accounting & Treasury to collaborate with cross-functional leadership in support of the evolution of a great organization with an even greater mission. This person will ideally have a blend of accounting, finance and treasury experience, and be an effective business partner to the CFO and executive leadership. They will serve as a transformative change agent within a well-established manufacturing organization, playing a pivotal role in evaluating, designing and executing improvements to the company’s processes, tools and teams, ultimately evolving the sophistication, timeliness and usefulness of information critical to the growth of the company. The ideal candidate will have the ability to apply strategic insight, while having the willingness and patience to dive into more tactical issues necessary to achieve the vision for the company’s future. The position will be located in the East Tampa area, and thus the candidate should be open to commuting on a hybrid basis and/or relocation. Interested in hearing more? APPLY TODAY! Background check and drug test required.
VP of Accounting & Treasury Benefits and Compensation:
- Professional, collaborative, and positive hybrid working environment
- Outstanding leadership and high visibility
- Medical & dental insurance, 401(k)
- Highly competitive compensation, of $200,000 - $250,000, plus bonus potential!
VP of Accounting & Treasury Job Duties:
- Develop a deep understanding of the organization’s operations, industry dynamics, and strategic goals
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership and business stakeholders to support decision making processes.
- Act as a trusted business advisor, leveraging data and analysis to drive growth and profitability
- Take ownership of the general ledger, financial statements and GAAP compliance
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, while also interpreting and communicating financial results in a meaningful way to stakeholders
- Establish and maintain robust internal controls, policies and procedures to safeguard the organization’s assets while mitigating risks
- Oversee AR, AP and cash management functions ensuring efficient and accurate processing of transactions
- Implement cash forecasting strategies to optimize working capital and support capital structure decisions
- Continuously evaluate and improve transactional processes to streamline operations and enhance efficiency
- Evaluate, mentor and develop team members to achieve accurate, timely accounting and reporting of results
- Develop and execute treasury strategies to manage liquidity, cash flow and risk management activities
- Assess financing options and make recommendations for capital structure optimization
- Collaborate with banks, financial institutions and other stakeholders to ensure effective cash management and banking relationships.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and negotiate effectively
VP of Accounting & Treasury Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree in business and CPA certification highly preferred
- 10+ years of experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and manufacturing/distribution/CPG industry exposure
- Proven leadership experience, with a track record for building and developing teams
- Knowledge in utilizing data visualization / reporting tools
- Large ERP experience required (SAP, Oracle Fusion, Sage Intacct, NetSuite, or Dynamics 365)
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Superb communication skills required
At Taylor White, we specialize in Accounting & Finance roles in Tampa Bay. Our industry knowledge, combined with our extensive recruiting experience, means we not only know what you're looking for...we know how to find it! For more information, please contact us via our website at www.taylorwhite.com.
Whether you're an employer seeking talent or a job candidate ready for new challenges, we can help. We're Taylor White. A recruitment firm focused exclusively on placing those in the accounting and finance field - and only in the Tampa Bay area. What's more, most of our recruiters used to be accounting professionals themselves so we're uniquely capable of understanding your needs - no matter what side of the table you're on.
From placing top-tier talent in permanent positions throughout Tampa Bay to providing access to the area's best consultants, there's a reason Taylor White is the first firm both candidates and employers turn to. We know accountants.